The College is a community in which a large number of people live closely together. It is therefore essential that all members have due regard for the rights of others. The College rules, are intended to help preserve a happy and harmonious atmosphere for all those living and working in the College. Students are required to observe discipline and follow norms in every matter of the College-academic and administrative. Good conduct and academic excellence are the watchwords of the institution.
Attendance: – Every student is required to attend all the lectures, tutorials, practicals and other prescribed curricular and co-curricular activities. Special care is taken to maintain all-round discipline in the College.
• Ragging within or outside of the campus is strictly prohibited.
• Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates ragging within or outside the campus is liable to be punished as per provision of law. Ragging is a criminal offence.
• Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the institution and such student can not be admitted to any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
Mass Bunk / Absence
• Remaining absent from the institute without prior permission of the authority is strictly prohibited.
• Students involved in common off are liable to heavy fine, and punishment decided by the Institute from time to time.
• Students involved in MASS BUNK or having less attendance in class shall be expelled from the hostel.
Smoking is forbidden in the college. Smoking/chewing tobacco, spitting and drinking alcohol are strictly prohibited in hostel building and premises. If student is found indulging in these activities, a strict action will be taken.
1. Are required to move silently through the corridors without disturbing the nearby classes and practical.
2. Should not sit on the corridor walls.
3. Should give way to teachers, staff and visitors while moving in the corridors, on the staircases and other places in the campus.
4. Should behave in such a manner that suits a cultured engineer and manager.
5. Found in infringing security instructions, misbehaving with the faculty or staff of the college, misbehaving in the hostel premises or college premises, on roads and doing undesirable act, which will damage the image of the college, are liable for punishment.
• In case of hostel related problems, the student is required to contact the concerned warden,. For any additional help, he/she should contact the HOD.
• For any study related matters the student is required to contact the subject teacher first.
• For any other personal grievances/ problems feel free to first contact class teacher and then HOD and then Director. Do not keep your worries only with you, but share it with your friends, teachers, staff, Students’ Welfare Committee.
Consequences of a Breach of College Rules
• Ignorance of the college rules and regulations is not an acceptable reason/excuse.
• It is the prerogative of the Discipline Committee or the people empowered by the college to mete out whatever disciplinary actions deemed fit against any student(s) caught breaching any of the college rules for any other offences committed inside or outside of the college.
• Students studying in college, if found indulging in anti-national activities contrary to the provisions of Acts and Laws enforced by Government are liable to be expelled from the college without any notice by the Principal of the college
• Students must always conduct themselves in a responsible and considerate manner. Conduct that is deemed to be detrimental to the credibility of the individual or the image of the college will not be acceptable.
• Lecture theatres, classrooms and tutorial rooms must be kept clean at all times. Littering is strictly prohibited.
• No food or flavored drinks are allowed to be consumed in the college premises except in college canteen.
• To carry the identity card and produce on demand.
• Not to use vehicles to move within the campus as it creates sound and air pollution. It is very simple and possible to avoid this pollution by not using the vehicles to move from one building to another.
• Not to write on benches, walls or doors.
• To throw the garbage only in the dustbins.
• To keep our campus neat and clean for all of us to stay.
Following are the types of misconduct and proposed action to be taken by the Disciplinary committee
1. Cheating and use of unfair means in internal examination (Sessional)
(a) Awarding zero marks in that particular paper.
(b) Deduction of 5-10 G.P.Marks.
2. Forgery- alteration or misuse of any institute academic document; knowingly submitting a forged or altered document to the institute or to any office.
(a) Unconditional apology with a promise not to repeat
(b) Suspension from classes for a period depending upon the gravity of offence to be decided by Disciplinary committee.
3. Creating disturbance in the class/disturbing other classes during lecture or during change of lectures.
Making absent for one week (3 lectures) in that particular subject/ suspending the students for three days from the institute.
4. Mass boycott of the class/tutorial/lab.
5 G.P. marks to be deducted 1st time along with informing the parents and 10 G.P. marks to be deducted 2nd time along with informing the parents.
5. Using abusive language/ comments
(i) on fellow students Proposed Action:
Suspension from classes for 3 days along with informing to parents (ii) using abusive language to college staff
Suspension from classes for one to two weeks depending on gravity of offence as decided by disciplinary committee with information to parents.
6. Sitting in stairways
Verbal warning 1st time
Written warning 2nd time
Suspension from classes for one to two weeks as decided by the Disciplinary committee 3rd time with information to parents.
7. Making noise/ taking loudly in the corridor.
Verbal warning 1st time
Written warning 2nd time
Suspension from classes for one to two weeks depending on gravity of offence decided by Disciplinary committee 3rd time with information to parents.
8. Calling proxy for other students in class/ tutorials / labs
First time – making 3 absent for that particular class along with warning
2nd time – 5 absent along with calling the parents.
9. Putting/ removing/ tempering notices.
Suspension from classes for a certain period depending on gravity of offence as decided the Disciplinary committee.
10. Writing or pasting anything on institute property i.e. on benches/ walls/doors
Suspension from at least 03 days- 1st time with information to parents.
Suspension for 2 weeks – 2nd time with information to parents.
(a) Debarring from campus placement for a period to be decided by the Disciplinary committee.
(b) No recommendation letter for higher studies in India/ abroad.
12. Abuse of computer / laptop. Misuse of internet facility inside the institute
(a) 1st time 5 G.P. marks
(b) Apology letter starting not to repeat it.
(c) Suspension for a period to be decided by the Disciplinary committee with information to parents.
13. Use of mobile phone/ipod/electronic items inside lecture hall/labs/tutorials
(a) Ist time confiscation of mobile for three days
(b) 2nd time confiscation of mobile for one week
(c) Suspension from classes for one week with information to parents.
14. Smoking /playing card in the institute
(a) 1st time written warning
(b) apology letter
(c) Suspension for a period of 1-2 weeks as decided by the disciplinary committee.
(d) Deduction of 10 G.P. marks.
15. Argument with faculty/ staff
(a) Written warning with information to parents.
(b) Suspension for a period to be decided by the Disciplinary committee on the gravity of the offence.
(c) Deduction of 10 G.P.marks.